Thursday, February 24, 2011

Urban Folk Circuit in Chicago, March 19th!

Well it's official...in less than one month I will be doing my first craft show!  This is excluding when I would sell friendship bracelets at my mom's shows when I was 10.  I figure making less than $5 doesn't count :)
 Two female artists in the local craft community here in Chicago created the Urban Folk Circuit a few months ago, and once I stumbled upon it I couldn't wait to apply.  They have consistently held shows each month at a different local venue with local artists and local bands. 

I attended their February show to see what kind of artists where their and the types of products - everything from jewelry to stationary, knitted goods to handbags, photos to soaps.  This upcoming March show it their biggest yet - about 60 artists.  Very exciting stuff!

I've been working like crazy the past 2 weeks in the hopes I would get accepted to the show - now that I have the okay I have a packed schedule for the next 3 1/2 weeks.  I'm 'hoping' to have an inventory of 100 items at the show (which sounds loftier than it is - about 30-40 will be my coffee cozies which are pretty small) and I'm at about 40 total so far.  I also have to plan my displays and all the little details - It's going to be a busy month!

I have been putting up new items in my Etsy shop fairly consistently as I complete them (and get a chance to photograph them).  Here are a couple samples from my new line of Spring Fling Crochet Headbands:

 I'll have a couple more up this week, and many more to come in the next few weeks.

Lunch break is over, back to work and then home to knit and crochet.  The next month will look pretty much like that!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Congratulations! I hope to make it out to this show. I've done 2 shows (not UFC) - let me know if you have any questions. I'm not pro, but I'm easy to get a hold of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ashley! Hope you can make it, too. I very well might be asking you for advice in the coming weeks...in fact, do you have any tips for 3-D displays? I'm having trouble coming up with affordable options so that I'm not laying everything on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to check out the show. I hope you sell everything that you bring, and then some!

    ReplyDelete